International Centre of the Sisters of St. Joseph

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Lace Is Not Yet Finished--Impressions and Reflections


"Pearls" from our Table Group Reflection on the Double Trinity

Holy Spirit: Being rooted and grounded in Love.

Joseph: Trust God and the Universe enough to believe

Mother-Father God: God has inclusive love for all and all are without distinction, like we ry to be which is very hard.

Father-Mother God: All inclusive Love may it flow from my heart.

Mary: My soul, which is part of the beginning of all things, intensifies the bread keeper and my spirit rejoices in God, my healer. The protector of what nourishes us who is mighty, has done great things for me and whole is God's essence.


The Kitchen

I am standing at a holy place. The Spirit that moved the first six sisters still moves me. History evolves and the charism continues....Father-Mother God, may your all-inclusive love flow from my heart to humanity. The lace is not yet finished.
Sr. Simy James, SJL, India


Jesus in the Garden

I am intimate with lifelong suffering borne of life-long distrust. How can I ever know and own an experience of deep healing love if I am the only reference point? The hurts are history. I re-wound with their memory. Jesus in the Garden is asking me to release my suffering to the care of God. Only then do I haltingly give God permission to bear my pain along with His own Son's. By dispatching an angel to strengthen us, gives me permission to see me with new eyes.


Ken  Kausalik-Boe


"Pearls" from our Table Discussion on the Double Trinity

Jesus: Going into solitude to do mission work aids the tempering of my zeal.

Holy Spirit: List to Spirit and trust in Spirit's wisdom.

Joseph: Embrace the past, nourish the present, create the future.

Jesus: The perfection of becoming fully HUMAN is where love lives.

Jesus: God broke through, leading me to see myself differently.




Thoughts and Thanks

No matter how many pictures you have seen of the original Kitchen or the cobblestone streets of Le Puy, there is nothing quite like feeling those cobblestones under your feet or touching the cool roughness of the hearth in the Kitchen with your own hand. It has been an amazing pilgrimage. The privileged time I have spent with our facilitator, Jane De Lisle, and the generous hospitality of the International Centre has made it even more so. I look forward to taking this experience back with me to my life and work in my home community.

Andrea Pearson Tande


I am profoundly grateful to the Centre for sponsoring this program. In addition to the gifts of walking the paths of our founders, the sharing with friends from near and far, the food was incredible.

Louise Jankowski





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mary Louis Academy -- March 30 - April 2, 2024

      Cathedral                                                                                             Easter Sunday                   ...